Marhabaan Morocco


I have offically made it to Morocco! I flew out of Madrid on Sunday at noon, arrived in Marrakech an hour later, tthen ook a 3 hour bus to the city of Agadir, followed by two more taxis before I arrived in my final destination – the small town of Tamraght. My internship starts on the 15th, but I wanted to get to Morocco a little early to do some exploring. Tamraght is a littletown close to Taghazout which is known for its beaches and surfing. I have been staying at Lunar Surf Hostel the past few days and have been absolutely loving it.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

My first day there I did not do much because I got there rather late in the day. Just in time for sunset actually which is when everyone breaks their Ramadan fast. I ate at the hostel with all the workers and we feasted on an insane amount of traditional Moroccan cuisine. Bread, slow cooked vegetable dishes, two type of smoothie, fish, a fruit salad, and of course tea. We all sat on the floor in a circle and ate around a big table it was really a cool experience. After we were done stuffing ourselves we all sat around a campfire on the roof and the guys played the guitar and sang in Arabic/French.

The next morning all the hostel people ate breakfast together on the roof and we feasted once again. Literally, the food here is so amazing I am may never. Breakfast consited of more bread, a eggs scramble bake with tomatoes and cheese, lots of dipping sauces, a fruit bowl, oranges baked with cinnamon, some weird (but tasty) type of cinnamin toast, and yogurt. Not a bad way to start ones day if you ask me.

I was blissfully enjoying my food coma when a Danish brother/sister duo cam up and ask if I wanted to go on a run with them. My immediate reaction was just to laugh at them – In the past 4 weeks I do not think that I have done anything more physically strenous than walking. The though of a 8 mile run; especially after all the food I had just eaten, was comical to me. However, 30 minutes later I was on the beach racing along the sand to try and keep up with the crazy Danes.

3 hours later we were back at the hostel – uterally exhausted and covered in sand. We took a quick shower, nap, and the payed cards to pass the time until dinner when we could feast once again.

Although I have not seen much of Morocco yet I am so beyond excited to be able to spend the next 5 weeks exploring what this beautiful country has to offer. I have one more day left on the beach and then tomorrow it is off to Agadir!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s